Date Added: 10 November 2017
: 24 November 2017
Job Title: External Communications Manager – Public Affairs (Corporate)
Working For: EDF Energy
Salary: Starting from £35,379
EDF Energy, one of the UK’s largest energy companies and the largest producer of low-carbon electricity, is looking for an external communications manager to be based at our head office in Central London with experience working on high profile public affairs issues.
The External Communications manager will need proven experience in working in a high profile and political environment with strong experience in public affairs. This role is designed to provide flexible support in both media relations and public affairs to deliver the best possible service. There may be occasional travel to EDF Energy offices and sites as required by the business.
•Deliver the public affairs elements of an integrated communications plan
•Support the Senior External Communications Manager for Nuclear New Build in the delivery of the strategic external communications plan, and in handling any communication issues as required
•Manage parliamentary activity and monitoring on issues relating to the Generation, Hinkley New Nuclear and Renewables business
•Manage regular communication and relationships with power station MPs, other elected representatives including organising site visits
•Collaborate with NNB communications team on stakeholder communications e.g. consultation materials and events
•Support the delivery of parliamentary lobbying campaigns, arranging meetings with MPs, drafting plans, briefings and communications materials, managing stakeholder databases and reports
•Support the company activity at political Party Conferences and advise executives on stakeholder and political issues
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
· Public affairs experience in-house or at agency
· Success in managing public affairs activities and events for a complex organisation or agency
· Confident communication skills, the ability to communicate complex topics to a wide audience
· Good influencing skills and ability to work well with others in a large and complex organisation
· Evidence of external experience and interest in UK politics, including knowledge of the UK political process
· Ability to work under pressure to manage issues and deliver to tight deadlines
· Ability to commission and publish content on media and digital channels
Closing Date: 24 November 2017
Please follow this link to find out more or to apply for the role https://careers.edfenergy.com/job/London-External-Communications-Manager/436625701/?locale=en_GB.