Date Added: 10 November 2017
: 20 November 2017
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Alison McGovern (Wirral South) & John Woodcock MP (Barrow)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
John and Alison are looking for a full-time parliamentary assistant to assist in their shared office. Working for both MPs, we are looking for someone who is extremely organised and able to divide their time between two busy MPs.
The successful applicant will:
- Ensure the smooth running of a busy shared office
- Take overall responsibility for organising both MPs including diary management, organising meetings and complex travel arrangements
- Ensure both MPs are fully briefed at all times, including research and preparation of briefing documents
- Analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure both MPs are accurately informed on key issues
- Demonstrable experience of advising on policy issues
- Act in a supervisory capacity within the office
Working for two MPs is a challenge and this role requires someone with meticulous organisational and diary management skills.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 20 November 2017
Interviews to take place week commencing 27 November, with shortlisted candidates to be interviewed further week commencing 4 December, with the successful candidate starting early in the New Year.
Please send a CV and covering letter to Jay.email@example.com.