Date Added: 10 November 2017
: 24 November 2017
Job Title: Part-time Caseworker
Working For: Henry Smith MP (Crawley)
Location: Crawley, West Sussex
Salary: £19,641 pro rata
An opportunity has arisen for a part-time Caseworker (3 days per week) to cover long term sick absence. Initially this role will be offered for 3 months with the possibility of extension.
Working alongside the Office Manager, you will help to resolve constituents' problems and enquiries with empathy, efficiency and confidentiality. Our team seeks an enthusiastic team worker dedicated to providing the best possible service to constituents.
Principal Responsibilities include:
- Dealing with post, email and telephone enquiries and taking the appropriate action to resolve constituents' concerns, training provided
- Drafting responses to constituents' correspondence on a wide range of issues, by liaising with government agencies, the voluntary sector and others
- Attending advice surgeries
- Occasional project management
- General office administrative tasks
- Soft skills - strong interpersonal and communication skills both within the office team and in social interactions with individuals at all levels, as well as a positive, professional, caring and co-operative attitude
- A willingness and commitment to help people achieve the best possible outcomes on a wide range of issues, including good listening skills in telephone conversations with constituents, and the ability to stay calm under pressure
- Excellent organisational, administrative, IT and problem solving skills
- A high standard of written English and attention to detail
- The ability to be a supportive team member, but also to work independently in a quick, efficient and focused work style
- Experience in dealing with members of the public desirable
- Enthusiasm, self-motivation and a sense of humour
- Sympathetic to the aims of the Conservative Party at minimum; evidence of previous support desirable
Please note that, occasionally, opportunities may arise to work in Westminster.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 24 November 2017
Interview: Friday 1 December 2017.
Applications will close at 5pm.
Start date as soon as possible for successful applicant.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you think you are suitable for this post, addressed to Jennifer Millar-Smith, Personal Assistant, inserting "Caseworker Application" in the email subject line. Your application will give evidence of your suitability to the post by drawing upon your relevant qualifications, skills and experience. All documents should be sent to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications will receive an email acknowledgement.