Date Added: 10 November 2017
: 4 December 2017
Job Title: Fundraising Officer/Manager
Working For: ReachOut
Salary: £25,500 to £31,620 PA inc London weighting dependent on experience
Contract: 12 months maternity cover (probationary period of 6 months).
Working Hours: 9.00-17.30 Mon-Fri.
Location: ReachOut London Office.
Holidays: 30 days per year.
- Manage and develop a number of existing and new corporate supporters, ensuring they are involved in our organisation at every level, including funding, employee fundraising, senior engagement, volunteering and pro bono
- Research and develop potential new trust funding opportunities through direct approaches and networking events
- Be responsible for all funding and grant reporting requirements, communications, and day to day relationship management for your portfolio of partners
- Manage team and individual employee volunteering activities
- Support community fundraising events (e.g. Hackney Half Marathon)
- Work with the Communications Manager to update the fundraising pages on our website and promote fundraising through digital channels
- Ensure that ReachOut policies and procedures are followed and adhered to
- Carry out any other duties as required by ReachOut and to act in a manner that is in keeping with ReachOut’s values
- Belief in the ReachOut mission and passionate about our character building agenda
- Experience of corporate fundraising, new business development and/or sales/marketing with an understanding of how these skills can be utilised in a corporate fundraising function
- Successful track record of generating income from large charitable trusts and foundations (desirable)
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills, with the ability to relate to people at all levels
- Excellent business writing skills
- Great team player (this is very important at ReachOut) but with the initiative to work alone
- Proficient IT skills, including use of Microsoft Office programmes
- Good time manager and able to prioritise
- Positive, enthusiastic, practical and can do
- Has the ability to adapt and learn
- Able to work flexible hours when necessary (time off in lieu will be given for very occasional weekend work) and willing to travel to various locations in London to attend meetings, projects and events
Closing Date: 4 December 2017
First round interviews will take place in the week commencing the 11th December 2017. (Shortlisted candidates will also be asked to complete a short written task.) If required, second round interviews will take place in the week commencing 18th December 2017.
Start date: 29th January 2017.
To apply for this role please send your CV and a cover letter outlining why you are applying for the role and how you meet the person specification to Frances Ellis at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also let us know where you heard about this role.