Date Added: 10 November 2017
: 26 November 2017
Job Title: Parliamentary Officer
Working For: Age International
Salary: £29,000 to £31,500 per annum
Age International is a charity helping older people to live with dignity, health and security in some of the world's poorest countries. Age International is the UK voice of the HelpAge International global network; helping to raise awareness about ageing and development.
We are seeking an experienced Parliamentary Officer to deliver a range of high quality, imaginative and targeted Government and parliamentary activities to ensure issues relating to and affecting older people in lower and middle income countries are on the political agenda.
- To deliver parliamentary influencing activities engaging closely with parliamentary processes and functions.
- To manage political communications with parliamentarians and their staff, and political parties, responding to requests from parliamentarians and liaising with their offices.
- To provide accurate parliamentary and political monitoring and identify opportunities for promoting the organisation’s work.
- To provide on-going, in-depth analysis of political and parliamentary processes and to support work on legislation with research and analysis.
- To produce briefing papers and written communications materials that have impact for external audiences, communicating Age International’s priority influencing issues to MPs and Peers.
- To build Age International’s profile with MPs and Peers by initiating face to face meetings with individuals and groups.
- Design and manage the delivery of events, visits and other activities to promote the organisation’s work to parliamentarians, politicians and other decision-makers.
- Experience of working in a political or parliamentary setting.
- Able to manage projects relating to parliamentary or political work.
- Experience of disseminating complex issues to a wide range of audiences.
- Knowledge of setting up and managing systems.
- Ability to communicate with external Audiences both verbal and written.
- Experience of researching, analysing and communicating complex political and policy issues
- Commitment to working as part of a team that aims to have a positive influence on the policies and practices that affect older people in developing countries
- Ability to prioritise workloads and balance conflicting demands
Closing Date: 26 November 2017
We are aimmg to hold interviews on 8th Decemaber 2017.
For the job pack and how to apply, please follow the link below to our Careers site