Date Added: 10 November 2017
: 24 November 2017
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Andrew Gwynne MP (Denton and Reddish)
Location: Denton, Greater Manchester
Salary: £21,000 pro rata. £12,600 for 22.5 hours per week
Andrew Gwynne MP is seeking to appoint a part-time caseworker to join his small team in his busy constituency office.
This is a two-year fixed term contract to end 31/12/2019.
Hours of work: 22.5 hours per week (Wednesday-Friday).
Occasional evening and weekend work required.
Holidays: 20 days (to be calculated pro rata).
Key responsibilities include:
• Dealing with standard casework queries from members of the public;
• Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases;
• Drafting responses to constituents, government ministers, public bodies and other organisations as appropriate;
• Log all cases, monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken;
• Maintain electronic and hard copy files; retain records and information confidentially and in line with Data Protection Act;
• Attend surgeries and other meetings as appropriate.
Skills and experience required
• Previous experience of dealing with casework;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
• Good time management skills and ability to work to tight deadlines;
• Ability to empathise with people in difficult situations;
• Good organisational skills;
• A basic knowledge of welfare benefits would be beneficial.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 24 November 2017
Applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date.
Interviews will take place 4-6 December 2017.
Start date will be 8 January 2018.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter setting out your suitability for the role to: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly marked ‘Caseworker Application’.
We will contact all applicants shortlisted for interview. If you have not received a response by 30 November 2017 please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
Two references are required, to be taken up only if successful at interview.