Date Added: 10 November 2017
: 10 December 2017
Job Title: Senior Communications Executive
Working For: Funding Circle
Funding Circle is the world’s leading lending platform for small businesses. We’re taking on the global banking system and finding a better way for businesses to borrow and investors to lend. Our technology connects them directly, helping businesses to access finance within days rather than months, and investors to earn an attractive return on their hard-earned money. We are helping small businesses to grow, creating thousands of jobs and changing the lives of business owners and investors across the world.
This person will be responsible for the delivery of public affairs work in the UK, as well as support the team on media relations.
- Drive public affairs activity including outreach, briefings, monitoring and party conference season
- Represent the company by attending meetings with Members of Parliament and other stakeholders
- Spot opportunities for the business to increase awareness and understanding amongst parliamentarians and with wider stakeholders
- Liaise with trade bodies (Peer-to-Peer Finance Association, Federation of Small Businesses, British Chamber of Commerce and others)
- Own campaigns such as the business sentiment survey and use to create engagement with politicians and the media
- Deal with enquiries to the press office with antennae for more difficult questions and how to respond
- Prepare spokespeople across the business for speaking opportunities including keynote speeches
- Work closely with CEO and UK Managing Director (both co-founders)
- Work closely with retained agency
- And much more… no one day is the same!
Have you got a start-up, get-things-done attitude? Are you hungry, energetic, talented? Do you love coming up with better ways to do things? Do you speak up & have plenty of ideas, but interested in hearing other people's too? Do you work hard, learn fast, do whatever it takes to get the job done, but know how to let your hair down on a Fri (or Thurs) night?! If you are, we want to talk to you!
Closing Date: 10 December 2017
Interviews will take place as applications are received so role may be filled before closing date.
Applicants should apply with a CV and cover letter through Jobvite here: