Date Added: 13 November 2017
: 11 December 2017
Job Title: Event Project Manager
Working For: Dods
Salary: £24,000 - £26,000 pro rata
The post is full-time and fixed-term between February and August 2018. The successful candidate will be required to undertake some travel and overnight stays within the UK between these times.
We are looking for an Event Project Manager for an exciting opportunity to work on the government’s annual conference. We are looking for a bright focused individual to join the team, largely to focus on, to help organise and manage the content for all 6 events. Working closely with Cabinet Office and other government departments, your attention to detail, strong communication skills and can-do attitude will ensure a smooth delivery of sessions at all events across the summer.
- To manage and coordinate all speakers, content sessions and presentations across the conferences
- To help with the general preparation, planning, organisation and delivery of the events
- Liaising with Cabinet Office and other government departments
- To handle with confidence, delegate enquiries
The ideal candidate will have an excellent mix of the following capabilities and track record:
- A proven track record of planning and executing the successful delivery of events
- An ability to work accurately and with excellent attention to detail, use initiative and prioritise tasks
- Flexibility in working patterns and the ability to work away from home for short periods at a time
- Sensitivity, judgement, and to be a team player
- Strong attention to detail
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to learn quickly and to think on your feet
- Awareness of the UK’s current affairs and the wider issues for government
Closing Date: 11 December 2017
Interviews will take place on a rolling basis.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter which outlines how you meet the requirements for the role and detailing your experience. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Event Project Manager” in the subject line of the email.