Date Added: 13 November 2017
: 1 December 2017
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Working For: Education Endowment Foundation
Salary: c£25k per annum
The EEF is looking to recruit an executive assistant to join its 25-strong team in its Westminster office. The role will encompass a range of duties, including:
- Acting as the EEF’s first point of contact for phone and email inquiries;
- Providing PA support to the Chief Executive (including diary management, meeting arrangements, expenses and travel arrangements);
- Supporting the CEO and deputy CEO with policy work;
- Supporting other members of the team where required (eg grants set-up and monitoring, etc);
- Organising events including board meetings, seminars and conferences;
- Support to the finance functions of the EEF (eg processing of invoices);
- Drawing up grant and evaluation agreements;
- Helping to manage the IT resources of the EEF;
- Support to the HR function of the EEF;
- Taking minutes at important EEF meetings;
- Producing briefings for CEO/Deputy CEO on important topics;
- Any other duties to meet the needs of the EEF commensurate with the level of the post;
- Managing the EEF’s apprenticeship scheme, including supervising the apprentice.
The role would particularly suit a recent graduate looking to develop their career in the education, policy and charity sectors.
Experience and knowledge
- A good general level of education, including a university degree or equivalent office experience;
- An strong interest in education and in particular an understanding and commitment to the aims of the EEF;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
- Experience of using technology in communications.
Skills and abilities
- An ability to work independently and use initiative;
- Excellent organisational skills.
- A commitment to improving the educational opportunities of disadvantaged children;
- A combination of the personal sensitivity, creativity and tact that is needed when working with a range of individuals and organisations.
Further information can be found at https://educationendowmentfoundation.org.uk/about/vacancies/.
Closing Date: 1 December 2017
The deadline for receiving applications is 17:00.
Initial interviews will be held in the week beginning 4th December.
We are looking for a candidate to start soon after this, but this can be extended depending on notice period.
Please send a one-page CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your covering letter should be no more than one side of A4 and should outline why you are interested in this position and how you meet the criteria above, drawing on specific examples.