Date Added: 13 November 2017
: 27 November 2017
Job Title: Senior Policy Adviser/ Account Manager
Working For: a client of Murray McIntosh & Associates
Salary: £35,000- £38,000
My client is a leading membership body who are currently looking to hire into their team which works closely with members in the Construction industry. Current policy issues affecting these members include the apprenticeship levy, capital spending, housing and industrial strategy. More broadly you will also work closely with the wider policy team where there is cross over on issues such a transport, energy, the economy, tax, trade, infrastructure and innovation, to name just a few!
The responsibilities for the role include…
• Lead development of policy positions that respond to the challenges and opportunities facing the sector, including production of original research and analysis of policy that affects the sector.
• Drafting of papers, policy briefs and responses, for example supporting engagement between the leadership team and senior government ministers.
• Developing and driving strategies for improving the value members derive from the body, including by ensuring that policy work reflects the changing priorities of the sector, and that benefits are clearly communicated to current and potential members.
• Discussion with members individually and at committee meetings, including by establishing networks of contacts across the sector and facilitating roundtable events with senior sector leaders.
• Supporting members by sharing policy insight and analysis, both by developing proactive communication strategies and responding to member queries in a timely and professional manner.
• Managing approx 5-10 major member accounts from the sector and working with these accounts to ensure they secure full value from their membership.
• Establishing relationships with senior government leaders taking strong and close interest in the sector, leveraging the full range of policy, networking and intelligence to drive increased membership retention and satisfaction
• Managing relationships in the wider sector, including with trade associations, think tanks and other thought leaders, to ensure effective information sharing and coordinated lobbying.
You can view the advert on our website here http://www.murraymcintoshassociates.com/job-details/?id=senior-policy-adviser-account-manager-97998.
Closing Date: 27 November 2017
Interviews will take place week commencing 4th December and start date is as soon as a candidate is able based on notice period.
Please send an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply via our website at the link above.