Date Added: 14 November 2017
: 24 November 2017
Job Title: Account Manager (Trainee)
Working For: Newsdirect
Salary: £17,062.50 during training rising to £19,000 on completion of traineeship + overtime
Shifts: 37.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday, 08:00 – 16:30. Shifts are 8.5 hours with an hour’s unpaid lunch and paid breaks
Contract: Permanent with 3-month probationary period.
We are offering a fast-track route to an Account Manager role within our political monitoring team. This is a deadline-driven role that involves scanning and summarising the day’s political proceedings into well-written, easily understood reports. We’re looking for a candidate who is already well-versed in the day-to-day workings of Holyrood and its proceedings. The successful person will have an interest in public policy beyond academic study, experience of scanning/summarising and fast typing. The induction and training process will involve shadowing an existing staff member while training up on client interests.
Duties will include:
• Monitoring daily outputs from the Scottish Parliament, Westminster and European institutions
• Monitoring news sources, websites and research bulletins for client relevance
• Summarising data, pro-actively searching sources and providing links to online information
• Compiling information into daily and weekly briefings
• Managing relationships with key client contacts and maintaining regular communication to ensure all their requirements are being met
• Assisting in the preparation of up-to-date policy profiles and research
• Keeping effective notes and records as well as maintaining client data
• Identifying new business opportunities and developing services to enhance portfolio
• Reporting from party conferences and attending policy and networking events as required
• Providing a helpful and responsive helpdesk service for client requests
The successful candidate will be:
• Extremely knowledgeable of Scottish Parliamentary processes and activities
• Able to demonstrate experience of fast-paced working environments
• An instinctive teamworker able to produce accurate work under pressure of time
• Able to demonstrate an ability to exceed customer expectations and develop rapport with clients
• Organised and able to respond to fast-changing situations while still meeting deadlines
• Proficient in text handling and the use of Microsoft Office packages such as Word, Excel and Outlook
Closing Date: 24 November 2017
Closing at 15:00.
Start date: Applicants should be available to start in the first half of January.
To apply, send a 2-page CV plus 1-page covering letter. Your covering letter should indicate the notice period from your current role or your availability to start. If you have previously undertaken internships, please indicate if these were full-time or part-time and paid or unpaid.
Your application should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be asked to fill out an optional, confidential and anonymous equal opportunities survey on submission of your application.