Date Added: 15 November 2017
: 8 December 2017
Job Title: Public Affairs Executive
Working For: Professional Publishers Association
Salary: £22,000 - £24,000
Main purpose of job
This new role will support the Director of External Affairs in maintaining and advancing PPA’s influence and profile in Westminster, Whitehall, and Brussels. Leading on PPA’s advocacy, representing this £4bn industry, you will ensure PPA responds to relevant government consultations, seek opportunities to promote the sector, and raise the profile of the PPA and magazine media in Westminster.
• deliver parliamentary-influencing activities engaging closely with parliamentary processes and functions
• manage political communications with parliamentarians and other stakeholders
• work with parliamentary monitoring agency to identify opportunities for promoting the PPA
• provide ongoing analysis of legislation, political and parliamentary processes
• produce briefing papers and written communications for external audiences, communicating the key PPA policy priorities
• manage the delivery of events, visits and other activities to promote the PPA’s work to parliamentarians and other decision-makers
You will have honed political antennae, an enthusiasm for hard work, and an ambition to build your experience in public affairs. You will help maintain an effective and influential profile for the PPA, with a wide range of stakeholders. Working in a small, collaborative team, you will need strong analytical and organisational abilities, combined with excellent written and verbal communication skills. A passion for magazines would also be nice.
• knowledge of the workings of the UK Parliament and the EU institutions an advantage
• diplomatic and persuasive approach; safe pair of hands
• a passion for magazine media in all its forms
• experience of researching, analysing and communicating complex political and policy issues
• excellent time management skills; highly organised and efficient, with a meticulous approach to detail
• sensible, pragmatic with a positive and adaptable approach to problem-solving, together with a sound use of individual initiative
• enthusiastic, self-motivated, and outgoing
• able to establish productive relationships with people at all levels, including top-level executives
• team player attuned to the key PPA values of empowerment, enthusiasm, and teamwork
Closing Date: 8 December 2017
We may appoint before the deadline.
Desired Start Date: January 2018.
To apply, please send your CV, with a covering letter, setting out your experience and reasons for applying to owen.meredith [at] ppa.co.uk
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications, we may not be able to ackowledge/respond to all applicants.