Date Added: 16 November 2017
: 15 December 2017
Job Title: Administration and Events Officer
Working For: Britain-Australia Society
Salary: £22,000 - £25,000
Established in 1971 The Britain-Australia Society (BAS) brings together British and Australian individuals interested in advancing the contemporary relationship between both countries, through mutual interests in business, government relations, education, culture, entertainment and sport. With over 800 members BAS organises events, seminars, and activities in London and the South East as well as providing administration assistance to The Cook Society and several charitable trusts including The BAS Education Trust (BASET), The Menzies Foundation, and The Northcote Trust.
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to work in our busy London office, providing administrative support, co-ordinating the delivery of our annual Events Program, and delivering Member services. The successful candidate will be working closely with the Society’s National Director and Finance Administrator in our office at the Australia Centre in Central London.
The role of an Administration and Events Officer is to provide administrative support for events and to our office in London; including membership, financial processing, social media, and marketing. The position also includes providing direct administrative support for BASET.
- Excellent administration and organisation skills including minute-taking
- Experienced in financial administration/processing and finance record keeping
- Excellent communication skills including a good level of spoken and written English
- Good event management skills including strong budget/cost management skills
- Strong IT and typing/database management skills using Word and Excel
- Good time management skills and an ability to work under pressure whilst ensuring accuracy and attention to detail
- Enthusiastic and motivated personality, with initiative and an ability to work independently
- Confidence in or experience of dealing with stakeholders at the highest levels
- The candidate must possess the right to work in the UK
- Experience and understanding of social media in a business setting
- Experience of volunteer management and the charitable sector
- An interest in Australian affairs and international relationship building
For full details, please visit http://britain-australia.org.uk/about/careers/.
Closing Date: 15 December 2017
We anticipate interviews will take place in early January 2018.
If you are interested in this role, please send your current CV and a covering letter outlining how your skills and experience meet the requirements outlined above. Please email these to The Chairman, Britain-Australia Society at email@example.com.
Please include ‘Administration and Events Officer Application’ in the subject line of the email.