Date Added: 16 November 2017
: 14 December 2017
Job Title: Policy Manager
Working For: Cancer Research UK
Salary: Circa £35,000 + excellent benefits
At CRUK we know it’s essential that we keep cancer and research high on the political agenda. We’re committed to making cancer outcomes in the UK amongst the best in the world by translating the charity’s research findings into tangible benefits for cancer patients.
We’re looking for an experienced policy professional to…
- Use specialist policy and research expertise to develop evidence-based and timely policy positions on issues relating to tobacco control and other public health issues
- Write and contribute to high quality and persuasive briefing papers, consultation responses, reports and press statements for a variety of audiences
- Manage projects across the department including leading on plans for advocacy, campaigns and communications work on tobacco policy priorities
- Build and manage relationships with a range of external stakeholders including policy makers, researchers, NGOs and regulators
You’ll be responsible for developing policy positions and representing the work of Cancer Research UK to key stakeholders such as politicians, patients and health professionals. You’ll also be part of an award-winning, impactful and busy team, often working with senior leadership at the charity, charged with influencing to accelerate our ambitious vision and goals.
You can help us save lives through your...
- Significant experience making an impact in a policy role
- Thorough understanding of public health policy, analysis and development
- Excellent understanding of policy issues relevant to Cancer Research UK
- Ability to work independently and quickly gain expertise in new policy fields
- Effective communication, networking and influencing skills
Working in one of the charity sector’s most impactful policy teams will provide you with plenty of new challenges and opportunities to stretch yourself to achieve the team’s goals.
At CRUK we value diversity and we're committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and to reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures and believe that a diverse workforce will help us to beat cancer sooner.
Closing Date: 14 December 2017
Interviews will be held W/C 18th December and 5th January.
To apply please submit your CV and cover letter via the link