Date Added: 20 November 2017
: 11 December 2017
Job Title: Interim Head Of Strategic Events & Partnerships (maternity cover)
Working For: Index on Censorship
Salary: £28,000 - £31,500 pro rata (4 days a week)
We are looking for a dynamic and highly organised individual to lead Index on Censorship’s thriving events programme, maintain existing partnership relationships and actively seek and secure new relationships.
The interim head of strategic events and partnerships will be skilled in producing and programming unique events, from panel discussions to creative workshops, that showcase Index’s work, promote debate on freedom of expression and encourage a diverse audience. You will also lead on producing and managing our biggest annual event, the Freedom of Expression Awards Fellowship Gala, in April 2018.
Working within a small, energetic team you will be the main point of contact for Index’s important partnerships, including corporate sponsors of our wards fellowship programme, cultural organisations and venue partners. You will also be confident in identifying, approaching and securing new partnerships to support Index’s fundraising and profile.
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications
• Creative approach to programming and producing high quality, innovative events that attract a diverse audience
• Detailed project management to deadlines
• Excellent communication, networking and administrative skills
• Ability to deliver projects and events on time and to budget
• Good knowledge of and contacts with venues and cultural institutions in London
• Strategic thinker, with knowledge of development and fundraising
• Confident use of Excel/Google Sheets
• Familiarity with Eventbrite
• Producing and programming events in London
• Leading and briefing staff and volunteer roles at events
• Managing partnership relationships from various sectors such as arts, technology, politics and media
• Working collaboratively with partners
• The ideal candidate would also have experience running an awards ceremony or other major event
• Use of InDesign
• Familiarity with SalesForce database
Closing Date: 11 December 2017
Interviews: Dec 18th.
Role to start mid/late February 2018.
To apply please send CV and 1 page covering letter to rosie@indexoncensorship.