Working closely with member companies at the forefront of global digital innovation this role involves policy development and advocacy on issues including but not limited to: industrial strategy, innovation policy, skills and talent, automation and the future of work, internet safety and security, digital ethics and the implications of artificial intelligence.
This role requires the ability to: work concurrently across a diverse range of issues; to quickly assess and understand detailed policy implications; anticipate risks and opportunities for the sector; have a natural feel for the concerns, interests and motivations of political stakeholders; and, build and implement effective engagement campaigns that effect change.
· Support the delivery of an effective work programme, including : successfully leading, managing and delivering internal and external events; the smooth running of meetings; and managing and implementing stakeholder engagement activities; acting as point of contact for techUK members.
· Researching policy issues and drafting papers and consultation responses for government, Parliamentary committees and others.
· Supporting techUK’s engagement in Whitehall, Westminster and across the devolved administrations and regions.
·A team player who is comfortable and able to work with relevant teams (membership, marketing and business services) across techUK
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to get to grips with complex technical information and to communicate this effectively to a range of audiences (e.g. writing consultation responses, blogs, newsletters, letters and minute taking)
Essential Knowledge and Experience
· Good understanding of UK policy and political landscape, particularly from a business perspective
· Proven experience in public policy, public affairs, media relations and/or stakeholder engagement with a track record of successfully delivering outputs that meet project objectives
· Good grasp of the workings of Whitehall
· Proven track record and experience of managing complex relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders
· Proven track record of coordinating events, ensuring accuracy and attention to detail
The succesful candidate must have right to work in the UK prior to commencement of employment.
To apply please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com.