Date Added: 22 November 2017
: 22 December 2017
Job Title: Policy Manager - Brexit & Trade
Working For: techUK
Salary: £28k - £35k
techUK is looking for a dynamic and committed policy professional to join a three-person team focused on Brexit. The UK’s decision to leave the European Union presents a wide range of challenging issues for UK tech firms. techUK is working with its members in the UK and partners across Europe to ensure that the needs of the tech sector are understood and that tech can be a force for economic growth following the UK’s exit from the EU. The role will focus both on the withdrawal agreement and the UK’s future trading relationship with Europe and the rest of the world.
This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the voice of the UK tech sector on Brexit, working with some of the most innovative and leading tech companies that play a vital role in the UK economy. We are looking for a self-motivated and energetic individual who is comfortable working under pressure with competing demands in a fast-paced working environment. The role would suit a confident communicator with a sharp eye for detail, looking to take their next steps in policy, advocacy and stakeholder engagement.
· Assist the Head of Brexit Policy in the implementation of techUK’s Brexit programme
· Support the delivery of an effective work programme, including but not limited to: successfully leading, managing and delivering internal and external events; the smooth running of meetings; and managing and implementing stakeholder engagement activities; acting as point of contact for techUK members.
· Researching policy issues and drafting papers and consultation responses for government, Parliamentary committees and others.
· Ensuring effective use of web and social media to communicate techUK’s positions and point of view.
· Supporting techUK’s public affairs work in Parliament and engagement across Whitehall.
· Supporting techUK’s public affairs engagement in Brussels and across the EU member states.
· Supporting techUK’s engagement with other international industry bodies, such as ITI in Washington DC.
· Working with colleagues across techUK to coordinate how Brexit impacts different parts of techUK’s work
· Working with Head of Policy to manage and implement an effective contact programme, ensuring in house CRM is used effectively
Closing Date: 22 December 2017
The succesful candidate must have right to work in the UK prior to commencement of employment.
To apply please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com.