Date Added: 22 November 2017
: 11 December 2017
Job Title: Junior Secretary/Caseworker
Working For: Karen Bradley MP (Staffordshire Moorlands)
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Karen Bradley MP is looking to appoint a full-time Junior Secretary/Caseworker on a 6 month contract, with possible extension, to assist in the day-to-day running of her Constituency office in Leek.
The successful applicant will be highly motivated, reliable and at ease working as part of a small team. He/she will demonstrate a willingness to undertake a variety of tasks working under the supervision of the Senior Caseworker and the Chief of Staff. Knowledge of the local area is also favourable.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Dealing with all types of correspondence
• Assisting with casework
• Handling telephone enquiries
• General office administration and support
• Maintaining confidentiality and working in accordance with data protection laws
The following skills are essential:
• Good communication skills
• A friendly telephone manner
• Strong writing skills
• An excellent knowledge of microsoft office, outlook and the internet
• Good academic record
• Experience is desired but not essential as training will be given
The successful candidate will have an interest in politics and current affairs, with excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Candidates should be sympathetic to aims of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 11 December 2017
Interviews will be held in Leek on 15th and 16th December.
Start date January 2017.
Please send your CV and a covering email to email@example.com.