Date Added: 22 November 2017
: 7 December 2017
Job Title: Deputy Head of Policy and Research
Working For: Creative Industries Federation
Salary: £38k - £43k depending on experience
The Creative Industries Federation is seeking a talented and energetic individual to be a key player in its research and policy development.
The successful candidate will work on behalf of a fast-paced, agile, and innovative sector, and for a company that likewise embodies all of these aspects. You will be at the forefront of engagement with both government and industry, liaising directly with members from fashion and film through to advertising and tech, and policy-makers across Whitehall. You will manage the Federation’s vital research, analysis, and policy development on education, skills, and business growth, and will work closely with colleagues to ensure the creative industries have the best possible opportunity to grow and thrive.
This is a unique opportunity to join a driven and highly effective policy, research, and public affairs team, which has already achieved significant impact on public policy.
- Leading, developing, and delivering the Federation’s programme of research and policy activity on skills, workforce, and economic growth.
- Producing highly effective and authoritative policy and research reports for external audiences.
- Commissioning, managing, and undertaking qualitative and quantitative research, and ensuring its quality.
- Ensuring that the Federation is across all research and statistics that pertain to the sector, and communicating the latest statistical releases to members in an engaging and accessible.
- Leading on the Federation's research, policy development, and analysis ahead of Spending Reviews and Autumn Budgets.
- Consulting with members, advisers, and policy-makers to ensure robust policy positions across skills, education, and business policy.
- Delivering presentations and speeches to members and external stakeholders to communicate the sector's policy priorities and the Federation's activity.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience of undertaking and/or commissioning and managing quantitative and qualitative research and analysis.
- Strong written skills, with the ability to communicate complex policies and research in a clear and effective way.
- Strong diplomatic and speaking skills, with experience of liaising with senior government officials, business leaders, and consultants.
- Strong organisational and leadership skills, with the ability to manage workload independently and effectively.
Closing Date: 7 December 2017
Interviews will take place in the week commencing December 11th. We are looking to appoint as soon as possible.
To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter of between 400 and 800 words addressing why you would like this post and why you are perfect for this role. Please accompany your application with an example of your written work.
All applications and any queries should be addressed directly to Avi Josephs, Head of Finance & Operations, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Creative Industries Federation values diversity and promotes equality. We encourage and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.