Date Added: 22 November 2017
: 8 December 2017
Job Title: Researcher
Working For: Kelly Tolhurst MP (Rochester & Strood)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Kelly Tolhurst is looking to recruit an experienced and proactive researcher to work in her Westminster Office.
The successful applicant will have a strong work ethic, be highly motivated and be able to work as part of a small team. They should be able to manage a large workload and demonstrate a willingness to undertake a variety of tasks.
Responsibilities will include:
- Undertake research from readily available sources, and provide briefings as needed.
- Analyses and evaluate data to ensure Kelly is accurately informed on key issues.
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of bills, early day motions, legislation, hansard, debates etc
- Monitoring proceedings in Parliament to ensure Kelly is fully briefed on potential questions and motions to be put to the House.
- Responding to letters from constituents on policy issues
- Responding to campaign type e-mails
- Project Management
- Progress casework and provide general admin, as required.
- Excellent writing and IT skills (Microsoft packages, internet research, social media and websites)
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Able to take the initiative and work proactively
- Good knowledge of how Parliament works and UK politics
- Previous Parliamentary experience is preferred
- Ability to manage own workload and work to tight deadlines
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 8 December 2017
We will acknowledge all applicants and contact potential interviews from the closing date.
Applicants should send their CVs with a covering letter outlining your experience and including your current and expected salary to Kelly.email@example.com.