Date Added: 23 November 2017
: 7 December 2017
Job Title: Administrative Officer
Working For: Emma Dent Coad MP (Kensington)
Salary: £19,013 - £26,250 pro rata depending on experience (part-time)
I am looking for an administrative officer to join my staff team in Westminster. Working as part of the team in Westminster the administrative officer will provide assistance within the House on day-to-day issues. The job will include a mix of performing administrative duties such as helping with diary management/taking minutes at relevant meetings and being aware of local, regional, national and international issues as required, ensuring that I am made aware of any relevant matters. The administrative officer may also be required to draft written materials.
Monday-Thursday position, no Friday work.
- Opening and dispatching mail
- Some diary management where required
- Assisting with arrangements for events
- Responding to enquiries by telephone and email, passing on queries to other team members/MP as appropriate
- Providing administrative support
- Handling administrative arrangements for meetings
- Photocopying, filing, record-keeping and typing correspondence
- Liaise with external suppliers where required
Suitable for someone who:
- Can work independently and keep to deadlines
- Is highly organised with good attention to detail
- Has strong written and spoken communication skills
- Is able to prioritise tasks
- Is flexible in responding to changing circumstances
- Has strong IT skills
- Is sympathetic to Labour Party values
Closing Date: 7 December 2017
Interviews: Provisionally planned for the 14th and 15th December, with notice given to applicants successful for interview stage given by the 11th December.
Start Date: 8th January or as soon as possible thereafter.
Please send a letter of application explaining why you would like to be the Administrative Officer, what you would bring to the role and what specific examples of experience you have plus your CV including the names and contact details of two referees to email@example.com with ‘Administrative Officer: EDC’ as the subject line.
We will endeavour to respond to all applicants.