Date Added: 23 November 2017
: 8 December 2017
Job Title: Events Officer
Working For: Progress
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 dependent on experience
The events officer will work with the Deputy Director in the delivery and design of an exciting programme of Progress events both in Westminster and across the country. This will include flagship events like Progress political weekend, Progress annual conference and the Progress fringe programme at Labour party conference. Our events are a key way for the Progress to engage, inform and campaign with our members, therefore an ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders whilst being able to manage multiple projects is essential.
In addition, the events officer will work with the wider Progress team to enable Progress members to get their voices heard in Labour’s democratic processes.
Due to the nature of the organisation there will be times where you will be expected to work on other projects and support other organisational priorities on an ad hoc basis.
- To assist the Deputy Director in the management and administration of Progress events – these events will take place in London and across the United Kingdom.
- To assist the Deputy Director in the design, implementation and evaluation of any new programmes of events to engage new and existing members.
- To support the delivery of our major events, including Progress political weekend, Progress annual conference and Labour party conference.
- To build lasting partnerships with events stakeholders and to work to source new stakeholders for us to partner with on events.
- To maintain good records of RSVPs, attendance and interest in our events as well as providing detailed analysis of our events to assist in their development.
- To prepare necessary information on Progress events for the media before, during and after the events.
- To assist with office administrative work as required.
Closing Date: 8 December 2017
Interviews will take place on 13-19 December 2017.
To start as soon as possible.
Please send your CV and covering letter to Progress director Richard Angell: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Progress values equality and diversity, and welcomes applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. The organisation would consider applications for job share arrangements and/or flexible working and is keen to encourage applications from groups not traditionally well represented in our political system.