Date Added: 23 November 2017
: 8 December 2017
Job Title: Finance and Membership Officer
Working For: Progress
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 dependent on experience
To ensure the Progress’ financial systems are maintained and continuously improved as the organisation moves to a new sustainable funding model. Alongside this you will also be responsible for ensuring the membership system is well maintained, with accurate up to date data and to work with the wider team to recruit new members, readers and supporters.
In addition, work with the wider Progress team to enable Progress members to get their voices heard in Labour’s democratic processes.
Due to the nature of the organisation there will be times where you will be expected to work on other projects and support other organisational priorities on an ad hoc basis.
- To maintain Progress’ internal financial systems including monitoring cash flow, the revenue and expenditure ledger and to report back to the senior leadership team on a regular basis.
- Ensure invoices are raised good time, payments are made promptly and paperwork is kept up to date.
- Manage relations with regular suppliers whilst recommending more effective and cost effective ways of working or sourcing new suppliers.
- Facilitate the organisation’s compliance with relevant regulation frameworks and the Electoral Commission.
- To process new members of Progress, update any data on existing members, deal with any membership enquiries and maintain the Progress membership database.
- Prepare a regular up-to-date mailing list for each new mailing.
- To work with the Deputy Director to design and implement new ways of retaining and recruiting members.
- To assist with wider organisation and office administrative work as required.
Closing Date: 8 December 2017
Interviews will take place on 13-19 December 2017.
To start as soon as possible.
Please send your CV and covering letter to Progress director Richard Angell: email@example.com.
Progress values equality and diversity, and welcomes applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. The organisation would consider applications for job share arrangements and/or flexible working and is keen to encourage applications from groups not traditionally well represented in our political system.