Date Added: 23 November 2017
: 8 December 2017
Job Title: Head of Media Relations
Working For: The Investment Association
• Develop the IA UK’s communications strategy, to promote the IA and the asset management industry in the media and with consumers
• Develop a pipeline of proactive stories based on content (data, policy and position papers) produced by policy colleagues at the IA, ensuring the IA is regularly featured in the business and personal finance outlets, as well as general news, consumer and comment pages
• Assist with all day-to-day media relations including responding to press calls and drafting reactive lines, preparing press releases, Q&As, conducting oral press briefings for the CEO and senior policy colleagues
• Act as an official spokesperson for the IA on all media outlets, both on and off the record; act as an ambassador for the IA in external meetings with senior members and journalists
• Take a leading role in helping to shape the asset management industry’s narrative and messaging for use with media, that creatively and compellingly tells the story of the value of the asset management industry for journalists and the wider public
• Identify key reputational issues that represent threats and opportunities for the IA and its members (legislative proposals, third party campaigns etc) and put in place strategies to ensure that the industry’s reputation and license to operate is protected and enhanced;
• Work with policy colleagues to draft speeches for the CEO and Chairman and opinion pieces for newspapers, blogs and trade press
• Provide an out of hours media service as part of a rota system amongst the media team
• Develop and maintain a strong network of relationships with IA member press teams across the IA membership, as well as press officers in key government departments, other financial services and business trade bodies, and consumer groups
• Build and manage strong relationships with business and personal finance, consumer and political journalists as well as key trade publications
• Establish and lead a senior member committee made up of industry communications professionals to oversee, plan and react to major domestic and international developments that will impact the industry
For more information on this role visit: https://jobs.theguardian.com/job/6616067/head-of-media-relations/.
Closing Date: 8 December 2017
Interviews will be conducted shortly after the closing date.
To apply for this role please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.