Date Added: 24 November 2017
: 24 December 2017
Job Title: Strategic Communications Consultant (Contract)
Working For: Breakthrough Media
Salary: Competitive day rate
Breakthrough is a full-service communications agency that works with governments, communities, businesses, and NGOs address some of the most complex issues facing the world today and deliver positive social change. We work at grassroots level with civil society organisations and individual influencers and ensure that our work leaves a meaningful legacy beyond a project’s lifespan.
What’s the team like?
You will form part of a two-person Advisory Team to a foreign government department, working closely with a number of stakeholders, helping it to improve its skills, and grow its capacity and confidence.
What’s the role?
To build the will, capacity and confidence of the client, you will provide strategic communications advice to the client on all aspects of countering and preventing violent extremism. Your advice will be geared mainly towards the client’s staff with regular interaction with the client’s Director General, the ministry’s Chief of Staff, and to a lesser extent, the Minister. The role is both diverse and challenging, and an ability to confidently advise senior governmental figures will be essential.
What you’ll be doing:
• You will live in Tunisia for the length of the contract;
• Support the Project Lead in providing Strategic Communications advice to the client;
• Support the client in the selection of network partners;
• Liaison with, and advice to, British stakeholders;
• Liaison with, and advice to, Tunisian stakeholders;
• Regular reporting to stakeholders;
• Assisting in managing the project budget.
What we need from you:
• Fluent in either French or Arabic (Desirable);
• An understanding of the Tunisian context in with wider MENA region;
• Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal;
• A deep knowledge of Strategic Communications;
• Experience of working with foreign governments;
• Project Management skills.
Closing Date: 24 December 2017
Please apply via this link: https://boards.greenhouse.io/breakthoughmedia/jobs/854135#.WhgSPracZTY.
Any issues with the link email firstname.lastname@example.org.