Date Added: 24 November 2017
: 22 December 2017
Job Title: Part-time Senior Caseworker
Working For: Sir Edward Davey MP (Kingston and Surbiton)
Location: Constituency Office - Surbiton (Surrey)
Salary: £27,324 - £37,184 pro rota (22.5 hours a week )
9 month fixed-term contract.
Edward Davey MP is seeking a Senior Caseworker (22.5 hours a week over 3 days - can be spread over 5 days) in his constituency office, to cover maternity leave.
The role will be to support Ed in handling constituents’ concerns on a wide variety of issues such as health, immigration, schools, housing and benefits. You will liaise with the relevant public bodies in order to help resolve constituents’ concerns.
The position is suitable for someone who enjoys problem solving, has excellent interpersonal skills and is highly organised. It would be ideal for someone who has held a previous advisory role, eg in the Citizens Advice Bureau or an advisor in local government.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Ensure all cases are logged; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Develop knowledge in specialist areas
- Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
- Gather relevant information to resolve or progress cases
- Liaise with Government agencies, voluntary sector and others to resolve constituency matters
- Manage and progress portfolio of casework appropriately
- Respond to routine correspondence and enquiries from constituents
- Supervise other members of staff
The following skills/characteristics are essential:
- Organisational, case management and time management skills
- An appreciation of the importance of attention to detail and a thorough approach to completing work
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 22 December 2017
Interviews will be held w/c 8th January, with a anticipated start date of 1st March.
Please send a CV and covering letter outlining relevant experience why you believe you are suitable for this job to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It may not be possible to respond to unsuccessful applications due to volume.