Date Added: 24 November 2017
: 22 December 2017
Job Title: Part-time Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Sir Edward Davey MP (Kingston and Surbiton)
Salary: £23,750 - £34,442 pro rota (22.5 hours a week )
9 months fixed-term contract.
Ed Davey MP is seeking a Parliamentary Assistant for his Westminster Office, working 22.5 hours a week (Monday to Wednesday) for a fix period of 9 months to cover Maternity Leave. The successful candidate should be bright, enthusiastic, proactive, and highly organised with previous parliamentary experience. The role requires strong research, analytical, numerical and communication skills.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure Member is accurately informed on key issues
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of bills, Early Day Motions, legislation, hansard, debates etc
- Ensure the Member is fully briefed on potential questions and motions to be put to the house
- Give advice on policy issues
- Monitor media coverage and brief the member on relevant issues
- Prepare and present briefing notes for committees, press releases, parliamentary questions etc
- Project management
- Project work
- Provide generalist admin support
- Respond to routine correspondence and enquiries
- Supervise staff members where appropriate
- Undertake research, usually from available sources, on straightforward subjects
Candidates should have the following skills and qualities:
- A self-starter who can work to a high standard with minimal supervision
- Strong communication and organisational skills, with attention to detail
- Hardworking, flexible team player with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Knowledge of and confidence with basic IT programmes
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 22 December 2017
Interviews to commence w/c 8th January, with a start date of 21st February.
Please send a CV and covering letter outlining relevant experience of why you believe you are suitable for this position to email@example.com.
It may not be possible to respond to unsuccessful applications due to volume.