Date Added: 27 November 2017
: 10 December 2017
Job Title: Press & Communications Officer
Working For: Attorney General's Office
Salary: £29,290 - £34,000 plus out of hours allowance between £4,000 and £4,500 per annum
This is an exciting and challenging post that involves a wide range of communications functions – press and media handling, as well as internal and external communications (including social media). Importantly, the role comes with an unusually high level of access to ministers. You will get to accompany the Department’s Ministers on visits and interviews and will often be required to attend briefing sessions and meetings with them.
You’ll also be responsible for managing a small team which handles the correspondence for the office. This team also handles all Freedom of Information requests and Cabinet Committee work and you will be responsible for managing their performance and development. This is a great opportunity to develop line management experience.
The successful candidate will need to be able to work well under pressure and will be expected to participate in the out of hours duty rota, for which an allowance will be paid. Above all, we are looking for someone who is confident and capable in media handling.
What you’ll be doing:
• providing day-to-day support directly to the Attorney General, Solicitor General and the wider Department on media issues
• monitoring news wires, news websites, social media and specialist media publications
• putting together digital materials to promote legal areas
• drafting press releases and reactive statements and distributing to media, ensuring all information is accurate
• briefing journalists on the Department’s work
• dealing with media enquiries, media briefings and ministerial visits
• managing the media grid of upcoming trials, events, announcements, parliamentary debates and other events
• stakeholder liaison across a wide range of other government departments and agencies
• managing a small team of correspondence officers
Closing Date: 10 December 2017
The deadline is midnight.
Interviews will take place later in December. Please give details of any dates in December after the deadline that you could not attend an interview on in your covering email and we will do our best to be flexible.
Full details of points to address in your cover letter and CV are contained in the ‘Further Information’ document which is available here: https://tinyurl.com/civilservicejobs-ago.
You will also need to complete the Diversity and Monitoring form which is available via the above link.
For further information about the post please contact: email@example.com.
For application enquiries please contact Carmel Vega on 020 7271 2423 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.