Hanover is looking for a driven Account Executive with a passion for business and Westminster politics to join our dynamic and fast-growing Advocacy team.
We’re a 30-strong team of political experts who advise some of the world’s biggest brands on British politics and regulatory issues. Hanover is one of the UK’s leading independent communications companies. In 2017 we were named Global Public Affairs Consultancy of the Year by the Holmes Report.
We work in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment, and our consultants are equally at home in the office, at a pitch or at a networking event.
Our new Account Executive will provide support to a number of clients across a variety of sectors including media, technology, aerospace, sport, food & drink and financial services. The Account Executives on our team are responsible for providing high-quality briefing and research services, implementing public affairs campaigns, and organising logistics for Parliamentary events on behalf of our clients.
Further responsibilities include drafting intelligence reports, producing action notes from meetings and drafting letters to MPs and Ministers. You will also support the senior team researching new clients and pulling together pitches.
We believe very strongly in career development. We offer regular training to all our staff and regular opportunities for promotion.
You will be based at our London office on Gray’s Inn Road, but may have an opportunity to work on the clients we share with colleagues in our Brussels, Dublin, Abu Dhabi and Dubai offices.
Key Skills & Experience
– Prior public affairs experience is essential e.g. an internship in-house or with a consultancy, or time in a politician’s office
– An understanding of UK policy, the Parliamentary system and workings of Westminster
– Passion for politics and an understanding of the potential impact on businesses
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Effective time management and strong organisational skills
– Experience of working collaboratively as part of a team
Interviews to commence immediately. Start date ideally Jan 2018 but dependent on candidate availability.