Date Added: 27 November 2017
: 8 December 2017
Job Title: Account Director - Public Affairs
Working For: Hanover
Hanover is looking for two experienced public affairs consultants to join the Advocacy senior team as Account Directors.
These important roles offer the opportunity to develop new business activity and supporting our client work across a wide range of business sectors. We’re particularly keen to hear from candidates with an interest in either of the following policy areas:
- technology, media and telecoms;
- retail, FMCG and food and drink.
Our clients include Facebook, Microsoft, Tesco, Viacom, Three, Sky, Lucozade Ribena Suntory, and Tate & Lyle Sugars. The successful candidates will be keen networkers, with a passion for public affairs and a nuanced understanding of the relationship between business and politics. We work in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment, and our consultants are equally at home in the office, at a pitch or at a networking event.
Hanover is one of the UK’s leading independent communications companies. This year we were named Global Public Affairs Consultancy of the Year for the second time by the Holmes Report.
- Develop close client relationships, lead external client meetings and be the first point of contact across client accounts
- Provide strategic advice to clients and write bespoke policy submissions and briefings
- Supervise the delivery of client work on multiple accounts – by running internal account management meetings and supporting your project managers in reviewing progress, monitoring capacity and allocating tasks
- Project manage activities focused on new business development, including marketing and managing pipelines
- Identify opportunities to cross-sell services between Hanover teams and offices
- Expand your personal network through event attendance and relationship building
- Very strong team-working, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Prior public affairs experience within a consultancy or in-house team is desirable; an expert background in TMT or retail, food and drink is preferred
- Understanding and experience of budgeting, managing pipelines and developing new business
- Excellent knowledge of UK policy and a passion for politics and current affairs - with a demonstrable understanding of their impact on business objectives
- An existing network of either/or business, policy or political contacts
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
Closing Date: 8 December 2017
Interviews to commence immediately. Start date dependent on candidate availability.
Please submit a covering letter and CV to email@example.com clearly stating the job title in the subject line.