Date Added: 27 November 2017
: 8 December 2017
Job Title: Senior Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Kevin Hollinrake MP (Thirsk and Malton)
Salary: In line with IPSA payscales
Kevin Hollinrake is looking for a highly organised and hard-working Senior Researcher to work in his London office.
Keep on top of a heavy workload by:
- Supporting parliamentary activities by identifying opportunities to represent constituents
- Manage parliamentary diary
- Undertaking research and providing briefings
- Draft parliamentary speeches and questions
- Attend/arrange meetings as required
- Monitor parliamentary business
- Support Kevin’s DEFRA work
- Respond to constituents’ letters on policy issues
Kevin is looking for someone who is hardworking and meticulous with:
- Excellent administration skills, including longhand dictation and typing
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft packages, internet research, social media and websites)
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Able to take the initiative and work proactively
- Good knowledge of how Parliament works and UK politics
- Previous Parliamentary experience is preferred
- Ability to manage own workload and work to tight deadlines
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 8 December 2017
Early applications are encouraged as an appointment may be made before the closing date if the right candidate is identified sooner.
Applicants are asked to send their CV and a covering letter of no more than one side of A4 to email@example.com.
8 December 2017: This advert has been removed before the closing date as the post has now been filled.