Date Added: 27 November 2017
: 31 December 2017
Job Title: Campaign Interns
Working For: Southampton Itchen Conservative Party
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a passion for politics to experience grassroots campaigning - the bread and butter of politics. Becoming a part of the successful and motivated campaign team operating in this seat would be a great start for anyone who wishes to get involved in politics, either as a career or as a volunteer.
Southampton Itchen Conservatives are looking to recruit volunteers to work in our office in the run-up to next year’s council elections and the next General Election. Successful applicants will report to the Campaign Manager, and will gain first hand experience in a busy Campaign Office. This role would be ideally suited to a student or recent graduate. Southampton Itchen is the most marginal Conservative seat in the country, and as such our interns will gain an insight into the function and organisation of an exciting election campaign. This position will provide an excellent opportunity for candidates to enhance their CVs and obtain a varied and valuable political office-based experience.
The specific tasks to be undertaken will vary; they may include, but not be limited to:
- Production of campaign materials;
- Working with the Campaign Manager on a range of policy tasks, including research and writing briefings;
- Literature distribution, canvassing and other campaign activities;
- Liaising with councillors, members and activists;
- Other administrative tasks to support the work of the campaign team.
As such the ideal candidate will:
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills, including a good telephone manner;
- Be self-motivated, hardworking, and a pro-active team player, with the ability to operate within tight deadlines;
- Experience of working with members of the public would be an advantage;
- Have excellent attention to detail;
- IT skills (particularly Microsoft Office and internet research);
- Have knowledge of, and sympathy for, the aims and policies of the Conservative Party.
Closing Date: 31 December 2017
We will organise a phone interview with individuals as they contact us.
Please email Southampton Itchen Conservatives at firstname.lastname@example.org with your interest and CV.