Date Added: 28 November 2017
: 11 December 2017
Job Title: Policy Internship
Working For: Recruitment & Employment Confederation
Salary: London living wage - £10.20 per hour
The main purpose of the role is to support the work of the policy team at the REC. We are a busy team that cover a large number of policy areas. Responsibilities will include:
• Research - undertaking ad hoc research to support the work of the team
• Public affairs – compiling a weekly political ‘snapshot’ for members, monitoring the House of Commons and Lords, Ministerial speeches and statements, as well as consultations, and helping to compile briefing material
• Event support - help to set and draft agendas, liaise with the events and marketing teams, and providing support on the day of events
• Diary management - helping to manage the diary of the Director of Policy and Professional Services team
• Minute taking - keeping detailed notes of discussions and actions in Policy and Professional Services team meetings and circulating to the team
• Team support – updating website and databases and drafting correspondence
• An interest in policy and current affairs
• Good administration skills
• Good attention to detail
• Ability to demonstrate good time management and prioritisation skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• An interest/experience in jobs market and employment legislation
Flexible working: The role is available on a flexible working basis.
Closing Date: 11 December 2017
Interviews will take place on 18th and 19th December with the successful candidate starting ASAP.
Please send your CV of no more than 2 pages and a covering letter on no more than 1 page to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line ‘REC Policy Internship Application’.