Date Added: 28 November 2017
: 31 December 2017
Job Title: Internship
Working For: Curtin&Co
Salary: Negotiated upon taking up position
Curtin&Co is currently looking for an intern in London to support the public affairs team working on housing and planning policy at UK level.
The internship will involve the monitoring and reporting of key policy developments in the housing and planning sector to senior Curtin&Co staff, with activities including:
• Covering and reporting on political developments in the UK and the Devolved Regions;
• Detailed monitoring of developments on housing and planning at UK and Devolved Government level;
• Reporting on meetings and events in the UK Parliament that you will attend;
• Tracking of Parliamentary Questions, Parliamentary Motions and other relevant dossiers;
• Servicing and supporting consultants regularly with specifically processed information, and also supporting them with ad-hoc requests and advice.
The candidate should fulfil at least one of the following criteria:
• An interest in housing and planning topics (to be elaborated in your application);
• A good academic degree (or comparable);
• A background (e.g. internship) in a UK Parliamentary institution;
• A background in the British Government or experience with its institutions.
Furthermore, the candidate is expected to bring in the following capabilities:
• Excellent social and communication skills, most importantly in drafting comprehensive but concise research papers;
• A strong team player is a must and the candidate is expected to contribute to a friendly office atmosphere;
• Excellent organisational skills and the ability to handle several requests in an effective and timely fashion;
• Experience in digital and social media and their application in progressive government relations programmes would be a considerable advantage;
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
It is envisaged that the internship will last six months at first, depending on the candidate’s performance.
Closing Date: 31 December 2017
If successful, you will be required to complete a phone interview, followed by a face-to-face interview at our office. We would require successful applicants to start ASAP.
Please submit CVs to email@example.com or 299 Oxford Street, London, W1C 2DZ. Applications submitted through recruitment agencies will not be accepted.