Date Added: 28 November 2017
: 12 December 2017
Job Title: Borough Campaign Organiser
Working For: Ealing Labour
Salary: £26,000 PA
Ealing Labour Party is looking to recruit a Borough-wide Organiser to help drive the party forward towards, and during, the London Borough Elections in 2018.
Applicants will be responsible for the organisation of front-line campaigning. It is expected that s/he will work closely with elected Councillors from the Ealing Labour Group as well as council candidates, local MPs, the GLA Member and local party officers and members.
The successful applicant will be self-motivated and able to work independently, while being flexible and able to adapt quickly to changing circumstances and manage numerous campaigning projects.
Ealing Labour values equality and diversity, and welcomes applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
We will also consider part-time and job-share options for this role. Please specify if you are applying for this role in a part-time of full time capacity.
- Providing the main focus for campaign activity, both outside and during the election period.
- Maintaining campaign records and data to monitor activity and results across the Borough.
- Developing relations with elected councillors, local party officers and activists.
- Regular meetings with the campaign team to ensure campaigning activity is taking place on the ground (eg Canvassing, telephone canvassing, literature distribution).
- Supporting the Procedures Secretary in the selection of local government candidates.
- Design, lay out and draft content for campaign literature.
- Attending local party meetings on a regular basis to ensure an effective working relationship with activists.
- Organisation of fundraising events.
- Organising ward specific and Borough-wide campaign action days.
- Overseeing and accounting for campaign budgets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a professional manner.
- Experience of data collection and analysis.
- Flexible with the ability to prioritise a busy workload.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a good sense of humour.
- Strong organisational, political, communication and campaigning skills.
- Good knowledge of UK politics, especially across the London Boroughs.
- Ability to oversee and account for campaign budgets.
Closing Date: 12 December 2017
Interviews will take place 15th and 16th December or as early as can be agreed. Start date ASAP.
All applicants will send a CV (no longer than two sides of A4) and a covering letter (no longer than one side of A4) outlining how they best suit the Job Description and Person Specification.
Applications will be sent to Cllr Julian Bell at email@example.com with "APPLICATION: Campaign Organiser" in the Subject heading.