Date Added: 28 November 2017
: 19 December 2017
Job Title: Business Support Officer
Working For: Public
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 subject to experience
Led by ex-deputy head of the No 10 policy unit, Daniel Korski, and venture investor, Alexander de Carvalho, Public exists to build and help technology startups transform public services, providing capital, networks, insight and support.
We’ve had a great first year in business, the team is growing and we’re now ready to bring in a dynamic Business Support Officer, to help us scale efficiently and effectively.
- Diary management: working with the two co-founders to arrange meetings and book travel, including liaising with senior figures in government and business (approx 50% of the role).
- Financial management: helping the COO to ensure invoices are paid promptly, and that a full audit trail is kept for all expenses.
- Strategy & planning: helping the COO to keep track of the company’s activities and impact, coordinating with other members of the team to gather information and pull together summary reports.
- Office management: liaising with the office landlord to ensure the company’s needs are met, ordering office supplies, and liaising with staff and associates.
- Assist the company’s HR function by keeping staff records up to date, arranging interviews, managing contracts with project consultants, and organising induction programmes for new joiners.
- Help to organise and run events, as required, including making room bookings and managing invitations.
- Take ownership of tasks as required, and spot opportunities to make the company more efficient.
The successful candidate will be extremely organised, and will have excellent attention to detail. You will have good written and verbal communication skills, and will be confident and diplomatic dealing with senior people both inside and outside the company. You will be excited by the challenge of working for a startup, and will thrive in a fast-paced environment where you will be expected to juggle a number of tasks and prioritise effectively.
Knowledge of government would be helpful but is not essential. Experience of using Xero or a similar accounting tool would be helpful.
Most importantly, you will have a real interest in improving public services and the potential for technology to transform citizens lives for the better.
Closing Date: 19 December 2017
Interview date TBC, but will be in early January.
Start date ASAP.
To apply, please visit: https://www.beapplied.com/apply/RKdN8iL8Of.