Date Added: 29 November 2017
: 8 January 2018
Job Title: Research & Communications Officer
Working For: Mark Prisk MP (Hertford and Stortford)
Responsible for enabling Mr Prisk to achieve an effective presence in local and social media for his constituents. Also assisting Mr Prisk by analysing, evaluating and interpreting data on local, national and international issues. Experienced in online media. Strong written skills essential.
• Undertake research usually from readily available sources; able to analyse, evaluate and interpret data.
• Write concise briefing notes based on research.
• Monitor all media locally, including print and social media. Maintain Parliamentary website.
• Responsible for both pro-active and re-active online communications with media and the constituency. Draft press notices and longer articles.
• Monitor Parliamentary business daily and assist Mr Prisk with Bills and Select Committee work.
• Assist in responding to casework when required.
• Support and work with other team members in terms of policy, casework and administration as required.
• Experience of proactive and reactive social media communications, preferably in public policy, including think tanks, public affairs or in Parliament.
• Able to maintain all social media platforms.
• Able to write clearly and concisely.
• Knowledge of the constituency and/or Parliament preferred.
• A team player, able to fit in and contribute.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 8 January 2018
Interviews in mid January 2018.
Start date: from February 2018.
Please apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org including CV and a short, written critique of my website and Facebook pages. This will be discussed should you be interviewed.