Date Added: 1 December 2017
: 8 December 2017
Job Title: Parliamentary Intern
Working For: Andrew Mitchell MP (Sutton Coldfield)
Salary: Real UK living wage - £8.75 per hour
You will be required to support a team in a busy, fast moving senior Backbencher's Parliamentary Office this is an opportunity to obtain a good understanding of Parliamentary and office procedure. Candidates should be enthusiastic, proactive, and have good organisational skills. Attention to detail and good research and written skills are also essential.
This is a full-time position offering an Internship for the full Parliamentary term January-Easter 2018.
The role involves functions across a mixture of research, communication and administration. They will include
• Monitor media coverage
• Prepare and present briefing notes for meetings, debates etc
• Draft articles and correspondence
• Undertake research on subjects of interest to the Member
• Assist in preparing press releases as appropriate
• Assist with casework, campaigns and surgeries
• Monitor policy and develop knowledge in key areas which have a local impact
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 8 December 2017
Interviews to take place in London on Monday 18 December, with a view to starting on Wednesday 3 January 2018.
A short covering letter and CV should be sent to email@example.com.