Date Added: 1 December 2017
: 18 December 2017
Job Title: Intern
Working For: Bob Blackman MP (Harrow East)
Salary: According to IPSA pay scales
This is a paid full-time position (or part-time for the right candidate), based in Mr Blackman’s local office in Harrow, which is located next to Headstone Lane Overground station. Although primarily focused on administrative duties, there will be opportunities for branching out into other areas over time.
Key responsibilities include:
• Maintaining our database of casework and keeping track of our filing system.
• Liaising with constituents and organisations by phone, email and letter as directed by the Senior Caseworker.
• Providing administrative assistance in relation to questionnaires, letters or other forms of communication.
• Providing support for Mr Blackman and his staff, as required, in relation to giving tours of Parliament.
• Assisting with office administration as directed by the Office Manager.
You will need to develop a good knowledge of the Harrow East constituency and to be enthusiastic and empathetic about helping local people. Priority will be given to applicants from the constituency or surrounding areas.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Good attention to detail.
• Some knowledge of Microsoft packages, including Word and Excel.
• Ability to work as part of a small team in an office environment.
• Ability to work unsupervised and to strict deadlines.
The role may also require some flexibility on hours on very occasional evenings (by arrangement in advance).
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 18 December 2017
The job will start early in the new year. Date by arrangement.
Interviews will also take place in the new year.
Please submit a CV and Covering Letter, of not more than one page each, to Nicola Blackman via email, at email@example.com.