Date Added: 1 December 2017
: 29 December 2017
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Dr Philippa Whitford MP (Central Ayrshire)
Charity Number: -
Salary: IPSA pay scale £19,641 - £27,876 pro rata (3 days - 22.5 hours)
Dr Philippa Whitford MP is looking to employ a part-time Caseworker based in her constituency office.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate previous experience of dealing with casework, have excellent administrative and organisational skills, and the ability to prioritise their workload.
Hours: Part-time (3 days - 22.5 hours).
Salary: In accordance with IPSA Pay Scales £19,641 - 27,876 (pro-rata), commensurate on experience. You will also benefit from a 10% employer's pension contribution.
* Dealing with standard enquiries from members of the public
· Gathering relevant information and interacting with Government departments and other agencies to assist with constituent enquiries and resolving cases
· Drafting responses to constituents
· Attending surgeries and other meetings as appropriate
· Logging all enquiries; monitoring progress and ensuring all identified actions are taken
· Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
· Work with the Constituency Support Manager and colleagues to provide general administrative support
· Any other duties required by the MP
Essential Skills and Experience
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* The ability to prioritise work and meet tight deadlines
* The ability to work independently with minimal supervision, following instruction, in a solution focused manner
* Excellent administrative and organisational skills
* Excellent time management
* Attention to detail
* Experience of dealing with sensitive and confidential information
* Strong IT skills, in particular with MS Office and Data Entry
* An interest in current affairs and a good knowledge of local and national politics
Desirable Skills and Experience
* Experience of working directly with the public
* Experience of working within government or other organisations which deals with matters relating to government policy
* Ability to interpret information gathered and provided from a variety of sources in order to provide clear and concise advice/responses
* Knowledge and understanding of Reserved policy areas, particularly social security
* Knowledge of Central Ayrshire constituency
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 29 December 2017
Interviews will be held early in the New Year with a view to appointing for a February start.
To apply, applicants should submit their CV together with a covering letter detailing their suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that whilst we would aim to acknowledge all applications, this may not be possible depending on the volume received.
Details of the post can also be found on www.whitford.scot/team.