Date Added: 1 December 2017
: 15 December 2017
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Karen Lee MP (Lincoln)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales/depending on experience (part-time)
I am looking for a constituency caseworker to work part-time in my office in Lincoln. The contract will total 22.5 hours spread over three days per week. I am looking for an enthusiastic and committed person who is willing to go the extra mile.
This job will be a mix of dealing with standard queries from members of the public, drafting responses to constituents and gathering relevant information to assist with casework. Previous experience would be preferable but not essential. Training and development opportunities will be made available.
- Analyse patterns of enquiries and produce reports as necessary
- Attend surgeries and other meetings as appropriate
- Dealing with standard queries from members of the public
- Draft responses to constituents
- Gathering relevant information to assist in resolving cases
- Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
Suitable for someone who:
- Has experience dealing with casework in an elected officials office, local government/CAB or similar setting
- Is highly organised with attention to detail
- Has strong written and spoken communication skills
- Can prioritise tasks
- Is flexible in responding to changing circumstances
- Has strong IT skills
- Is empathetic and understanding
- Is sympathetic to Labour Party values
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 15 December 2017
Interviews provisionally planned for the 2nd and 3rd January, with notice given to applicants successful for interview by the 22nd December.
Start Date: 8th January 2018 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Please send a cover letter and CV including the names and contact details of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Caseworker’ as the subject line.