Date Added: 4 December 2017
: 10 December 2017
Job Title: Researcher
Working For: Antoinette Sandbach MP (Eddisbury)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Antoinette Sandbach MP is looking to appoint an experienced full-time Researcher based in her Westminster office.
Responsibilities will include:
• Analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure the MP is accurately informed on key issues
• Maintain current knowledge of bills, Early Day Motions, legislation, Hansard, debates etc
• Prepare and present briefing notes for debates, write speeches and table questions
• Manage campaigns and develop knowledge of specific policy areas relevant to the constituency
• Support Antoinette in her role as Co-Chair of the APPG on Baby Loss and member of BEIS Select Committee
• Carrying out other duties as and when required in order to contribute to the efficient running of the MP’s office
The successful candidate will have the following key skills and attributes:
• Ability to write clearly and concisely to a very high standard
• Excellent attention to detail and the ability to work on their own initiative
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
• Flexibility and willingness to go the extra mile
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Ability to work with database systems
• Educated to degree level
• Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party
• Previous experience working for an MP is preferred
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 10 December 2017
Interviews are likely to take place during the week of 11th December. Start date 8th January 2018.
Applicants should email their CVs along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line Researcher followed by your name.