Date Added: 4 December 2017
: 8 December 2017
Job Title: Office Manager
Working For: Fiona Onasanya MP (Peterborough)
Salary: £26,000 - £38,617
Fiona Onasanya MP is recruiting an Office Manager to manage her office in the range of issues she is pursuing on behalf of the people of Peterborough. This is a full-time position.
This is a role for people with excellent administrative and IT skills who work well in a small team, have a positive attitude and would like to gain experience in a Member’s office.
Responsibilities will include:
• Diary management
• Responding to enquiries by telephone and email, passing on queries to other team members, as appropriate
• Providing administrative support in relation to MP's expenses scheme
• Handling administrative arrangements for meetings with members of the public/MP surgeries
• Photocopying, filing, record-keeping and typing correspondence
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation, ensuring all relevant health and safety and employment policies are in place in the MPs constituency office
• Manage budgets as required together with Finance
• Provide a range of efficient secretarial and administrative support
• Manage the office team, ensuring accurate personal records are kept and notifying IPSA of contractual changes as necessary
• Ensure that the office is fully equipped
• Liaise with groups/personnel at Westminster, within the constituency and the general public on the member’s behalf as necessary
• Excellent IT skills including a casework tracking system, MS Office Applications (i.e. Word, Excel and Outlook), and internet use
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, with a flexible approach
• Ability to draft letters and emails to a high professional standard
• Motivated to work independently and impartially as well as the ability to work well as part of a small team
• Good office administration skills
• Experience of working with confidential information
• Sympathetic to Labour Party aims and values
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 8 December 2017
Interview and start dates are to be decided and are negotiable. Interviews will be held at the Peterborough office.
Please send your CV and covering letter setting out your eligibility for the role, paying particular attention to the necessary skills and responsibilities, to: firstname.lastname@example.org with CASEWORKER APPLICATION as the subject line.