Date Added: 4 December 2017
: 31 December 2017
Job Title: Public Affairs Manager
Working For: Rugby Football Union
Based in the Strategy & Corporate Affairs department and reporting to the Senior Policy Manager, we have an exciting opportunity for a Public Affairs Manager to join the RFU.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic public affairs manager to join one of the most successful and high performing sporting unions, where you can really make a difference. The breadth and variety of work is second to none and as such, we’re looking for someone with strong experience of running a variety of campaigns from start to finish.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the delivery of the Public Affairs Strategy and managing the RFU’s engagement with political and policy stakeholders. Working alongside the wider Strategy & Corporate Affairs team, you will also be supporting on all activities relating to local and national engagement, whilst leading on various public policy objectives.
The role requires a passionate and hardworking individual who is able to manage multiple initiatives and work with a variety of stakeholders. The role offers a lot of potential for development and would be ideally suited to someone who is passionate about sport.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Working with the Senior Policy Manager to develop and deliver the RFU’s Public Affairs Strategy
• Research to identify legislation/policies for the RFU to proactively influence
• Actively monitoring the political and public affairs landscape to ensure that the RFU is fully informed in relation to political, policy and personnel developments
• Managing the RFU response to various public policy issues, ensuring strategies and campaigns are developed to influence public policy debates and outcomes
• Developing strong relationships with key public policy stakeholders
• Leading the RFU’s Parliamentary engagement strategy
• Delivering the RFUs Parliamentary activity, such as organising meetings and events in Westminster, Party Conferences etc to raise the profile of rugby amongst Stakeholders
Candidates will preferably be educated to degree level or equivalent and must have experience in Public Affairs and the public policy landscape. Experience of working and communicating with a variety of stakeholders at all levels is also required.
TO VIEW THE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION PLEASE VISIT
Closing Date: 31 December 2017
The deadline for applications will be midnight.