Date Added: 4 December 2017
: 2 January 2018
Job Title: Political Communications Consultant
Working For: PoliticsHome.com
Salary: £25,000 - £29,000 depending on experience
PoliticsHome provides comprehensive, real-time coverage of all aspects of British politics, seven days a week. Members use the website to publish editorial, disseminate reports and respond to political developments in the Central Lobby section of the website. The PoliticsHome membership currently spans a wide range of prominent organisations who use the website as part of their communications strategy - targeting political stakeholders, MPs and journalists.
As Communications Consultant, you will be responsible for supporting the online public affairs activities for PoliticsHome members, playing an active part in ensuring that they maximise their impact online and that their key messages reach parliamentarians and journalists, and that the bespoke service PoliticsHome provides is tailored to their needs. You will work across a portfolio of clients, building strong relationships with clients - understanding and adapting services to the needs of clients to provide first class service.
Key responsibilities include:
• Working closely with clients to get a full understanding of their business and the issues they face, developing a strong relationship with clients so that you become a trusted adviser as you plan communications and public affairs activity via PoliticsHome;
• Providing an integrated communications solutions package to clients and ensure communications plans are implemented, advising clients on how best to engage online through PoliticsHome and Twitter;
• Attending member events and write follow-up ‘news-style’ articles for publication on PoliticsHome;
• Writing up original articles drawing from member content, including reports and press release.
The ideal candidate will have:
• An interest and understanding of politics and the UK public affairs industry;
• A keen interest and understanding of how Twitter can be utilised to facilitate online communications;
• Personable, confident dealing with clients;
• Excellent presentation skills, written and oral communication skills;
• The ability to draft copy and conduct interviews;
• Strong telephone manner;
• Excellent organisational and time management skills.
Closing Date: 2 January 2018
Interviews are ongoing, start dates - as soon as possible.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter, explaining what you would bring to the position, to Anastasia.firstname.lastname@example.org.