Date Added: 4 December 2017
: 5 January 2018
Job Title: Intern Administrator
Working For: Social Mobility Foundation
Salary: £8.75 an hour (UK Living Wage)
35 hours per week.
The Intern Administrator is responsible for undertaking a variety of administrative tasks to support the work of the Social Mobility Foundation. The role supports the delivery of activities to all young people on SMF programmes and the promotion of our programmes to schools.
The role may vary during the period of employment and depending on the successful candidate’s skills and experiences. Depending on performance in the role, there is an opportunity for a permanent position or extension to the contract.
• Strong administration skills, with experience of using Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
• Excellent written/verbal communication skills, in particular via telephone and email
• Personable and able to adapt their style of communication when switching from liaison with young people to employers
• Enthusiastic and engaging; able to speak positively about the SMF and our programmes, including remembering key facts in order to answer questions from teachers and young people
• Well-organised and able to consistently meet daily targets
• Hard-working and efficient, with excellent attention to detail
• Focused and self-motivated, with experience of working on small projects
The Intern Administrator will be responsible for:
• Organising and supporting the delivery of events and university visits
• Coordinating the logistics of events, including collating responses, attendee lists and feedback/evaluation
• Responding regularly to email/telephone correspondence from young people, schools and employers
• Delivering administrative tasks to support SMF programmes, such as reminding students to complete questionnaires and researching travel costs
• Drafting letters/documents and compiling reports
• Collating data and maintaining records on SMF’s Salesforce database
• Working closely with Programme Coordinators to deliver activities for all young people on SMF programmes
• Other duties, as required, to assist the operation of the SMF’s activities
Closing Date: 5 January 2018
Interviews will take place on a rolling basis via Skype.
Interested candidates should send their CV and a 250 word summary in an email as to why they would like the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.