Date Added: 5 December 2017
: 1 January 2018
Job Title: Communications Officer (Campaigns)
Working For: Electoral Commission
The Electoral Commission is currently seeking a Communications Officer (Campaigns and Corporate Communications) to contribute to the successful delivery of our goals at an historic time for voters in the UK.
As the independent body overseeing elections in the UK, we are modern organisation working in a unique and changing political environment.
The Commission has a broad and challenging remit to improve fairness, transparency and efficiency in the UK’s democratic processes, and we work to promote public confidence in those processes and ensure their integrity.
In this context, the Communications Officer is responsible for owning and contributing to the delivery of various areas of communications work, ensuring the Commission engages its range of audiences in effective and innovative ways.
The successful candidate will play a key role in the development of the Commission’s multimedia public awareness campaigns, as well as numerous other voter-facing communications.
Key responsibilities include:
- keeping the Commission’s websites up-to-date, and ensuring that any content uploaded is of the highest quality
- supporting staff across the Commission to ensure content is published on time and in line with corporate standards
- collating and drafting content for the organisation’s internal newsletter
- coordinating the delivery of any ad-hoc corporate publications and design work, and liaise with the relevant owners of the work within the organisation
- producing engaging content for our digital channels that fits with our digital strategy
- evaluating all activities effectively, and ensuring lessons and areas for development are identified
- working in close partnership with colleagues in the wider communications area, as well as colleagues working in entirely different disciplines
- building the knowledge required to be an authoritative owner of work within their brief
- being prepared to work flexibly
The successful candidate will have experience of being proactive and adding value to the work they deliver, and have a track record of building strong working relationships with both internal colleagues and external stakeholders.
They will be quick learners, keen to expand and develop their knowledge and expertise in their areas of work, and will also be able to ensure their work is closely integrated with colleagues’ projects.
Closing Date: 1 January 2018
Interviews for successful applicants are likely to be held in the week commencing Monday 8 January.
Closing for applications is 11:59pm.
To discover more about the role please visit https://careers.electoralcommission.org.uk/templates/electoral_commission/job_list.aspx.
To arrange a confidential discussion about the role with the Campaigns and Corporate Communications Manager, please contact Ben Hancock on 020 7271 0520.