Date Added: 5 December 2017
: 19 December 2017
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Rt Hon Greg Hands MP (Chelsea and Fulham)
Salary: As per IPSA guidelines
The successful applicant will be working as Constituency Caseworker for Rt Hon Greg Hands MP in his Parliamentary office, in his capacity as the Member of Parliament for Chelsea and Fulham.
• Corresponding with constituents on casework matters and responding to general constituency enquiries;
• Liaising with government agencies, local authorities and third party organisations on behalf of constituents;
• Communicating with constituents clearly and sensitively on the telephone and in person;
• Organising and attending MP surgeries and other meetings as appropriate;
• Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of the constituency, as appropriate, for dealing with casework;
• Ensuring cases are dealt with in a sensitive and confidential manner, and that accurate records are kept in line with data protection rules;
• General office admin and support.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes/abilities
• Thick-skinned and resilient, with a sense of humour;
• Ability to work to a high standard and to manage own workload;
• The ability to prioritise tasks and meet tight deadlines;
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic about working to help local residents;
• Ability to work as part of a team;
• Strong communication and IT skills;
• Familiarity with the Chelsea and Fulham constituency and/or knowledge of casework procedure is desirable but not essential.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 19 December 2017
To start on a date to be agreed with the successful candidate in early 2018.
Send a full CV and covering letter detailing how you meet the criteria for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also direct any queries to this address. Applicants called to interview will be notified by email.