Date Added: 5 December 2017
: 29 December 2017
Job Title: Constituency Officer
Working For: Dr Phillip Lee MP (Bracknell)
Salary: IPSA pay scale £21,951 - £30,328 pro rata (3 days per week)
A committed, motivated and enthusiastic individual is sought for the role of Constituency Officer in the office of Dr Phillip Lee MP.
- Responding effectively and courteously to correspondence and enquiries from constituents and other parties
- Leading constituency projects and campaigns
- Assisting with arrangements for meetings, events and visits
- Meeting with constituents and liaising with local organisations
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of local developments/issues and how they might affect constituents
- Ensuring that records are kept and information is managed confidentially in accordance with the Data Protection Act
- Developing and establishing delivery networks for MP's Annual Report and other Parliamentary literature
The successful candidate will have the following key attributes:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent research and IT skills
- Ability to manage a diverse workload using initiative and time-management skills
- Highly organised and reliable
Candidates should be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Previous political and/or parliamentary experience is desirable but not essential.
Please note - this is a part-time role (c.24 hrs p/w) with an initial fixed-term contract of 12 months.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 29 December 2017
Applications will be accepted until midday on the closing date.
Interviews will take place in either Bracknell or Westminster in early January. Start date as soon as possible on appointment.
Applicants should email their CV (max 2 pages) and a one page covering letter to Mike Burgess at email@example.com.
Please note: unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.