Date Added: 6 December 2017
: 31 December 2017
Job Title: Project Officer
Working For: JAN Trust
Salary: £20,000 - £23,000 pro rata dependent on experience (3 days a week)
Part time 3 days a week FTC 6 months. Further extension will be considered dependent on performance and funding. Flexibility is required as individual may be required to work extra days’ dependent on organisation need.
JAN Trust is a multi-award winning non for profit organisation working with grassroots disadvantaged women.
Purpose of the Role
This is a broad role and would suit an all-rounder.
• High-level support on various projects including things like overseeing design and production of materials, updating websites etc
• Assisting the Director and Head of Operations
• Monitoring parliamentary activity
• Advertising opportunities to work with a variety of stakeholders including schools
• To develop and manage effective relationships with external agencies
• To provide talks/presentations and lead discussions on issues such as extremism and forced marriages
• Developing and delivering presentations to a range of audiences
• Managing social media and increasing our online presence through blogs, online articles etc (writing and uploading these)
• Liaising face to face with users and assisting them with any issues they may have
• Keep up to date with developments and legislation around the key issues such as forced marriages, violence against women, hate crime, Islamophobia, extremism etc
• Researching sensitive issues such as forced marriages, domestic violence, extremism. Assisting with projects/services on these issues.
• Organising and attending events including liaising with the community, users, politicians, governmental representatives and local authorities
• Assist in fundraising as well as with applications
• Marketing and promoting the organisation both online and at face to face meetings
• Getting involved with press and releases
• Writing articles
• Travel in the UK (paid for) and must be comfortable with this
• Supervise and capacity build volunteers and interns
• Updating websites
• Flexibility to work late or extra days in the week if required
This is a challenging role and is best suited to someone willing to take on a challenge and the role.
Closing Date: 31 December 2017
Applications considered on a rolling basis and we are looking to fill this role by Christmas hence early application is encouraged.
Email CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Covering letter must state:
1. How your skills make you suitable for the role?
2. What you would bring to JAN Trust
3. Why you would like to work at JAN Trust